Saturday, May 1, 2010

{ double strollers }

maybe it's because i'm pregnant and cannot make a decision for the life of me, but shopping and choosing the perfect double stroller has been really hard! maybe it's because there isn't a perfect one? we have 100% narrowed out those huge double, side-by-side ones! i feel so bad for other moms when they can't make it through a standard door or down any shopping aisles- no thank you! if you have a double stroller, we would love to hear from you! comments? any one you love or hate would be so helpful! here are the ones we have been checking out-


anything with this many wheels is automatically declined~ plus i would like to be able to still go shopping...


the classic "sit-and-stand"
i like the idea of it but where would hayden nap if we had a long day at disneyland? talk about a neck cramp! not to mention there is no shade covering in the back.
problem solved! 2 seats, shade and drink holders for 2, but would i feel like i'm pushing a limo around?
another one, minus the seat but with shade protection.
first place so far- phil and teds!
we borrowed this from our good friends and took this on a trial run with hayden and his buddy to the zoo and we both agreed that we totally liked it! both ricky and i had the same reaction- well, what about the poor kid in the back? well, to our surprise, the boys were both fighting to sit there! the best part is that it moves smoothly and doesn't get in the way when you're walking. it glides effortlessly and catches a lot of attention actually! the downside is the price- it is pretty pricey and everything comes separately -the drink holder, the organizer, etc. so it can add up pretty quickly...

thoughts? do you prefer the limo? the wide-angle? would love to hear! thanks!

10 comments:

anna b. said...

i know this feeling! i feel your stress.
i obsessed about a double stroller.
i ended up buying a babytrend side by side 3-wheel jogger.
it has a swivel wheel that you can lock for jogging.
I've been able to always fit in any door. the jogger is no wider than a wheel chair. it's super easy to fold up. which is huge deal for me. it's compact enough to fit in my van. very durable. you can push it one handed. (for those many moments when baby just wants to be held.) now with three if Brycen gets tired of walking he can sit on top of the wheel cover. i love it.
and the price was right.

when you go shopping with two little ones it is essential to have the right equipment!!

honestly though it depends where you shop! sometimes i would push one in a single and have the other in the sling or carrier. it depends on the place!

good luck!!

TRICKY said...

thanks anna! i will definitely check that out! it's nice to know there is a jogger out there that seems so conveinant and fits! we will need to take a test drive on all of these!

Christine Hull said...

we have the baby jogger classic and have often thought we would get the city mini double if we get a double stroller. At this point Ainsleigh doesn't sit in the stroller for too long so we aren't planning to get a double for now, but ours does have a jump seat that can be added to the front if needed...Ainsleigh does like to see what's going on so the limo option isn't an option for us, the double wide is really our only option if we get a stroller.

Julie said...

I loved my double jogger. I don't know if you run, but it worked wonderful for me. Before that, I had one of the kind that had big kid in back, little one in front (which allowed baby carseat to be strapped in the back while big kid was in front). I'm currently trying to find a new home for my double jogger, but I live in Texas now or I'd just give it to you. I LOVED it. However, when I was in the market for it in 2004, before my jogger, they didn't have as many choices as they do now. If not a jogger, I wanted the kind you have a picture of (the last one) but they didn't make them like that back then. You're lucky they've come out with so many cool things I wish they made only 5 or so years ago!

Christine Hull said...

I have no idea what the cost is on this one but I saw it in a magazine today and thought of you
http://www.babyjogger.com/city_select_lp.aspx

we love this brand of strollers and this stroller looks like a nice combo of both side by side without being a double wide but not being a long limo!!!

Jan said...

Just spotted your blog off of Genine's. I'm excited for you with baby no. 2 and sincerely hope the sickness is not as bad as you remembered it. Genine loves her 3 wheel stroller which carries the weight of 3 kids when needed. So nice to push, definately want a front wheel that swivels. We check this blog out once to watch your 'little ladies' progress!! Love to each of you.

Coburn Kids said...

I love our Baby Trend double stroller, but definitely go with the deluxe version. I liked how the back seat is easily removed to make it into a sit n stand. My must have list included cup holders, small storage at the handle for keys, cell phone etc., easy access to the under storage basket, easy to push, must be thin enough to get through the smallest of store isles and shade for both kids. This one has all of that. You can also fold it down with one hand and it is light enough to pick it up and get it in and out of your trunk with one hand, which is usually all you have available with multiple children. As for the "feeling like you're pushing a limo"? Well, I've come to the conclusion that all double strollers attract attention, but then people see the adorable kids inside and forget about the limo mom. Also, if you're like me, you'll often find yourself with one child on your hip, one child walking beside and you pushing an empty stroller with one hand. Gotta love this stage of motherhood, it goes by fast, so I've heard! If you want to take mine for a test run, you are welcome to it. Good luck

Unknown said...

Phil n teds sport double buggy is rad!!! All of my friends downtown either have one or want one! Hope that helps!

Ashley said...

I dont have the phil and ted, but when we have another child I will be purchasing one. I have a 10% off anything coupon for babiesRus that they sent me that can be used online. You can buy as many things with it as you want. I dont need it so if you want it let me know... It expires 7/12/2010. It could help with the cost..

Dan, Justyn, and Noah said...

I got the phil & teds off of craigslist for only $350 & I love it so get obsessed like me & check craigslist daily!!!