Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Help stop the Cruel Seal Hunt




I normally post pictures of our family and "happy things" not realizing how many people do in fact look at our blog. I would like to take the opportunity to spread the word and bring awareness to something I've been passionate ever since learning about it. In Canada, 275,000 baby seals (some that are only 12 days old) are clubbed, skinned and killed each year for their fur. This hunt actually starts this Friday. Can you believe in this day and age animals are still abused and killed for their fur? I mean really, this is so last century. They need their fur more than we do and we should be comfortable in our own skin. I would appreciate if you could click on the link below to the United States Humane Society Web Page to pledge you don't accept this and help save these innocent seals. Nigel Barker (Huge Fashion Icon) is the spokesperson this year boycotting and bringing awareness around the world to this unfortunate situation. I would appreciate if you could check it out! Thank you and Peace on Earth to all creatures.
http://www.hsus.org/protect_seals.html

No comments: