Friday, April 2, 2010

{15 weeks}

{15 weeks and counting!}

phew, i'm so grateful i have made it thus far and am still hanging in there!
some of you know that my first pregnancy was extremely difficult because of how sick i was. i was sicker than a dog for practically the entire 40 weeks and even throw up after giving birth. it felt like i had the flu 24/7 and was the hardest trial of my life. all the women in my family also suffer from hyperemesis gravidarum, which in latin means extreme, unrelenting nausea/vomiting. even though there isn't a cure, i took every medicine possible and nothing helped. after lot's of blessings, iv's, prayers and taking it day by day, i survived it and was given the most beautiful blessing in the end, our sweet son hayden. it was worth it. i told ricky that i'd be crazy to ever put myself through that again, but knew deep down that the trial and sacrifice was so worth it.
we love the 3 year age difference between our niece and nephew and thought that would work great for our family. we wanted a fall baby and that's what we got! i didn't know what to expect this pregnancy but was prepared for the worst. i researched every hg website, switched doctors, got on my medicine a lot earlier, ordered a new motion sickness bracelet that just got FDA approved, stocked up on saltine crackers, pickles and lemonade and was ready to take this on again. i am so thankful to say this pregnancy so far has been so much better! I'm still not 100%, but I can actually get out of bed, put a smile on my face and accomplish some of my daily tasks...
i am so grateful this pregnancy has been a little easier, or maybe i'm just a little stronger?

baby h! first ultrasound
i can't believe how big my bump already is!!!
hayden loves to touch "mommy's baby" daily and gives lot's of kisses too.
after work, i kick off the heels and slip on the flip-flops! so much better!
thanks mom for taking me maternity shopping today! i got some great things!
we find out if it's a boy or girl this wednesday!!!
any guesses?!

5 comments:

The Fawson Family said...

girl for sure! you lok so great and I have been thinking about you all this week wondering how you were and so I am so glad that you posted this. Can't wait to find out! Have already been looking at girl clothes!

Alaska Massey said...

Congratulations! I'm glad this one is going a little better. I hate being pregnant, but I love my babies. Love you guys. -Angela

TRICKY said...

Thanks Girls! We are so excited and we will be thankful either way!

Leni said...

Girl! Girl! Girl! love you :)

Jamma said...

I am just so excited for you....can't wait to find out!! I don't want to guess because boy or girl will be wonderful!!! Love you