Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Customer Service


Is it just me or do you get "harassed" everytime you walk into a mall store? I'm not talking Target or Wal-Mart, but a real mall store. I mean, I may be at the mall more frequently because I do work there, but anytime I go into ANY store, I have 3+ store employees asking, "How are you?" "Can we help you find anything?" "Have you heard about our sale?" "Do you want to sign up for our credit card-you'll receive 10% off today." Here is one example, I went to Victoria's Secret today and I had 3 different girls tell me about the "7 panties for $25" sale. By the time the third girl came around, I just about recited everything back to her. I know they are trying to be helpful, but at the same time it gets old really fast... Not to mention, when you think you're in the clear and out of the store, you are then up against those stupid kiosks in the center of the mall chasing you down trying to sell their $250 hair straighteners to you or "exotic" hand soak that costs an arm and a leg...I know the economy is a little slow but at the same time, I'd like to have a peaceful shopping trip and and ask questions if I have any...is it just me? Just watch next time-you'll totally see!

4 comments:

anna b. said...

here, here!
I can't stand those annoying cell phone guys! It's the only time in my life where I plan to look at the dude straight in the eye & just give him a dirty look...(as I'm quickly walking away that is!)

The other one is the asian people asking me if I want a massage. Are YOU kidding me? Do you not see I have two screaming kids with me & I'm racing to get out of here?!

Sure, I'll stop for a massage & while I'm at it let's buy a new cell phone, I've got plenty of time.

Lindsay Rondo said...

oooh I can't stand this! It's awful! It's almost like you have to pretend you are on the phone the whole time to avoid these crazy folks!
And I love the picture on the top of your blog. Beautiful!

RATS said...

I had the same experience at BCBG at the mall downtown... my friend and I have boycotted that store. They were harrassing and incredibly rude. My friends kid has a birthmark on his nose and they kept commenting on how "Cute his little nose was". We were pretty ticked!!

TRICKY said...

Phew, I'm glad it's not just me and it's nice to know it's not only San Diego! Keep your cell phones close!