Sunday, November 9, 2008

Where in the World?!


Ricky and I LOVE to travel! We enjoy exploring new places and meeting new faces. We actually have a savings account that is devoted to just travel. We have 2 airplane tickets we can use to travel anywhere in the Continental U.S. and have to use it by April. Thanks to Ricky winning on that Game Show, he won us another trip to our favorite city- NYC. We are thinking about going to Europe as well since we will be on the East Coast anyway! We want to head to Southern France to visit my brother, head to London and OF COURSE, visit Holland and Belgium where Ricky served his mission. We are thinking Spring to see those beautiful tulips.

So, where should we go with this trip? We want to go somewhere where we wouldn't normally go. We would love to see Seattle! Ricky was also thinking Boston? Or Colorado to go snowboarding? We could always go to Utah/Idaho to visit family and friends...but we can also easily drive there. Do you have any ideas or places you recommend? Thank you!

10 comments:

Christine Hull said...

umm DC of course!!!!!!!!! Come visit us....we would love to have you three come here and see the nations capital.

Anonymous said...

I have to disagree with the last comment & say I think you're really wanting to go to SEATTLE!!

I know some people who would love to have you come up & stay with them....

RATS said...

I have to agree with both of the previous comments, DC & Seattle are two of my faves! Another really cool place with a ton of history and fun stuff to do is Boston. So those would be my top 3. Especially since you can't take hayden snowboarding in colorado, but you could go snowboarding in seattle and anna would probably babysit! :)

Lindsay Rondo said...

oooh I love Seattle. Such a neat city!

Rachel said...

ok so are you going to Europe? If yes, you can NOT go all the way over there and NOT go to ITALY! You have to go and atleast have a gelato and hang out in Roma.

if you're staying in the US, Nick and I went to Seattle last April during the tulip festival and it was SO beautiful! I always love Seattle. You could take a ferry across the San Juans and go up to Victoria Cananda. Beautiful

or you know, you're always welcome to come up to Idaho!

The Fawson Family said...

my vote is for Cedar City utah where you can go snowboarding and room with friends.
But my seconf choice would be Baltimore! so cool.

beatnickbob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

oops! I was logged into Ben's account. I deleted the comment so that you wouldn't be confused.
Here's what I deleted:

Seattle is two hours away, maybe 2 1/2. You can go snowboarding at the best place anywhere..Mt Baker, we live at the base of it. We would love to have you!

Also, there is a really cute town just 15mins away from us called Lynden, which is a dutch community!

TRICKY said...

I think Anna sold us!

Beach Mommy said...

Are those tix good for Hawaii?? No matter how many times I've been, there's always more to explore somewhere... But Anna is alluring isn't she:)