"Good Morning, timesaver traffic, gridlock, bumper to bumper, let's take a live look outside" are words that I commonly sat ay my job. people are always asking me about my job so i thought i would post some pictures about what i do and what i went to school for. i report and produce the traffic segments for Channel 10 in San Diego as a fill-in position and i absolutely love it. it is the most challenging thing i have ever been given but i have learned a lot from it. i get up at 3 AM and have to try and look decent (yes I do my OWN hair and makeup-we aren't that lucky!) and i get to the station around 4:30 AM. I have a report every 10 minutes from 5AM-7AM and then 3 hits during "Good Morning America." I have 3 monitors, have to follow the rundown and fill all the information out, communicate with the CHP and SKy10, know who I am tossing too and who is tossing to me as well as trying to remember "East, West, North and South" and what exit is what and what happened where! Every 10 minutes! Sound crazy? It is but I love it.
I then go home and take a quick nap in the afternoon and return to work for the 5PM show with Kimberly Hunt and Carol LeBeau-the ladies i grew up watching and dreamed of becoming! it is an absolute honor to work with them. i am very humbled. anyway, why my husband and i have such weird work hours, i don't know, but nonetheless, we seem to always see each other and one of us has the pleasure of watching hayden. ricky says that hayden smiles at me when he looks at the TV when I am on-too cute. i am constantly learning and i wanted to thank everyone for their constant love and support! tune in to get your traffic update...




3 comments:
Troy- I feel like I know what is going on in the world of San Diego Traffic! I feel honored to have a celebrity best friend.
Love ya!
I had no idea that you were reporting the traffic on the news! Thank you so much for posting this! What a cool, stressful, exciting, job! Way to go Troy!
Troy I am so proud of you. I always knew you would do something fabulous!
I will have to watch you next time I am in town.
Post a Comment